1. Cool Choir Inc. is a group of adult rock and pop choirs for members 18 and over.
2. Cool Choir Inc embraces equality, diversity and inclusivity of its members and every endeavour is made to accommodate those with health issues or mobility problems. Please make your choir leader aware of any issues that may hinder full participation in rehearsals, workshops or performances.
3. All vocal arrangements, harmonies, concepts, and resources used by Cool Choir Inc. are owned by Cool Choir Inc. Any person taking part in any rehearsal, performance, workshop or other activity run by Cool Choir Inc. agrees that any use of ideas, techniques, resources or teachings will not be used, amended, copied or replicated in any way at any other event, nor will they be supplied or replicated to any other group or used in any other venue or arena.
4. Access to music files created by Cool Choir Inc. is for the benefit of each member to facilitate the learning of parts. These music files are for the exclusive, personal use of Cool Choir Inc. members only and must not be shared, broadcast, circulated or otherwise, or publicly posted online. Legal action will be taken against any individual violating these terms presented in clause 1 and/or 2
5. Any person deemed to be joining Cool Choir Inc. to access the intellectual property or brand owned by Cool Choir Inc. will be refused admission and have their membership revoked without refund.
6. Cool Choir Inc. rehearsals take place during three, ten-week trimesters and each trimester offers a minimum of ten rehearsals, which may include large, central rehearsals. Rehearsal schedules may be altered or changed at the discretion of the director to fit in with performances or other events. Members will be notified of this in advance. In the event of unforeseen circumstances where rehearsals cannot take place, no refunds will be given however alternative arrangements will be made.
7. Whilst Cool Choir operates in other locations, your membership is limited to your chosen community of choirs only. Should members wish to sing in additional communities in other locations, they would be required to join each of these separately and pay the appropriate subscription fee to do so.
8. Payment of membership fees should be made by the first day of each trimester or by the next rehearsal following a free taster session.
9. Membership fees cover the rehearsals and resources. All resources, downloads, performance opportunities and other additional facilities are offered at the discretion of Cool Choir Inc. Members who do not have access to the internet or a computer may not be able to make use of all the resources provided. Under these circumstances, it is the responsibility of the member to make alternative arrangements to access these resources.
10. We have a membership referral scheme in place. Introduce a friend or family member IN THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF A NEW TRIMESTER for a FREE taster session. If those being referred join in the week immediately following their free taster session, the introducing member will receive one weeks’ discount on their membership fee at the start of the next new trimester. Members will receive one weeks’ discount for every friend or family member they introduce in the first two weeks of a new trimester and who join from the week immediately following. The more friends or family introduced who join, the more weeks’ discount can be saved at the start of the next trimester. A special membership referral form must be completed online ahead of time so at the point a referral is made, this can be documented and the subscription fee reduced accordingly for the introducing member at the start of the next full trimester.
11. We offer a ‘snowbird’ membership option and your subscription fee will be 50% less. When joining Cool Choir on a ‘snowbird’ membership, you are not permitted to physically attend any rehearsals for an entire ten week trimester. However, you will continue to receive all email communications and retain access to the private members area where you may continue to utilise all song resources in your absence. Each member is permitted to take the ‘snowbird’ membership option once only during any Cool Choir singing year between September and June.
12. The membership referral scheme is only applicable within a single group of Cool Choir community choirs and is not transferrable between other Cool Choir community groups.
13. Membership fees will be reviewed annually and members will be advised in advance of any change.
14. Certain performances, workshops and special events may incur additional fees and members will be notified of this in advance.
15. All payments must be made online only.
16. Refunds are made solely at the discretion of Cool Choir Inc but will not be offered for missed rehearsals, member vacations, public/provincial holidays. Members have the option of attending rehearsals at one of our alternative choir locations. There is no grace period refund offered for the membership fee. Once payment is made for the membership fee, refunds will not be given. However, membership fees can be transferred to a future trimester to accommodate changes of schedule or other circumstances resulting in members being unable to attend during the trimester they have completed payment for. Members must notify Cool Choir Inc of this through email within seven days of making payment.
17. During performances, a Cool Choir Inc. t-shirt is mandatory and as such, this cost is added to the invoice of your first trimester. Replacement t-shirts or other official Cool Choir Inc. merchandise and/or clothing available during the year may be purchased member’s expense.
18. Many of our performances are filmed or photographed. By joining Cool Choir Inc you give your consent for such images to be posted on social networking and public video sites for promotional and marketing purposes.
19. Cool Choir Inc. members are responsible for their own travel arrangements to and from rehearsals and performances and are responsible for their own property and well-being whilst attending rehearsals, performances, and events.
20. Cool Choir Inc. operates the same as any other subscription-based membership. The Cool Choir Inc. membership fee is only pro-rated at the point of joining for the first time. Should you decide to leave Cool Choir Inc. and rejoin in the future as a past member, you would be required to meet the full cost of a trimester, regardless of how many weeks into the new trimester you returned.
21. Cool Choir Inc. is not responsible for damage to personal belongings or to persons before, during or after rehearsals, workshops and performances.
22. Cool Choir Inc. holds full commercial liability insurance.
CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Members should endeavour to be punctual for rehearsals, workshops, and performances.
2. For the overall comfort of everybody, please avoid attending rehearsals, workshops, and performances intoxicated.
3. Cool Choir Inc exercises a scent-free policy for the overall comfort of other members who may be sensitive or allergic.
4. Members should wear the designated Cool Choir Inc. t-shirt during a performance, along with any other specific items of clothing as
stipulated by the choir director.
5. Members should respect the leadership of the choir director and all support crew.
6. Cool Choir Inc. maintains a zero-tolerance policy. Any form of negative or aggressive behaviour, whether written, verbal or
physical towards the company, choir members, choir directors, staff, choir representatives or members of the public will lead to
that member being asked to leave the choir. No refund of membership will be given under these circumstances.
7. Members should not attempt to use Cool Choir Inc to directly promote their own business to others, towards financial/commercial gain. In recognising the useful pool of professional skills and services offered by members however, all current members may make use of a professional, Facebook networking group set up solely at the discretion of Cool Choir Inc as a general platform for networking. Cool Choir Inc reserves the right to cease the use of this group or revoke access to any individual(s) at anytime.
8. Cool Choir Inc cannot be held financially responsible for injury or damage caused by a member’s misconduct or inappropriate
9. All decisions made by Cool Choir Inc are made for the overall enjoyable experience of its members and therefore, are final.
Personal and private information collected from members and held at Cool Choir Inc head office will not be passed to any third party, except with the express agreement of each member. Cool Choir Inc reserves the right to cancel the membership of any person deemed to be in breach of any or all of the above Terms and Conditions.
Cool Choir Inc reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.